Weight loss tracker.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beginning.

There is a distinct beginning to this process that I am about to embark on. This event did not scream at me to change my life, but it started a chain of events that could change my life like I never imagined possible.

It was an icy day in West Texas and as luck would have it we were granted a few free hours before we were due to class. But as for me, my luck would end there. While walking to class I fell. I’m not talking about tripping and hopping back up. I’m talking about all 300 plus pounds of my hurtling towards the icy grounds and twisting my knee in the process. Of all the pains I have endured in my short 20 years, the pain that a bum knees gives me makes me wish I was normal… weight wise. This is the one thing my mom also knows makes me regret the life I have become accustomed to. A few days into my recovery process my mom broached a topic with me. She was hesitant in what she was bringing up, but I listened. She said that my dad knew someone who could make it possible to get the lap band surgery done. In all honesty I had never even considered surgical means to fix my weight problem. Surgeries are for the rich and I never dared to dream this to happen. But evidently insurance companies support these surgeries in this larger society, so I said yes... We were on the road to seeing what could happen.

This is where my story begins, this is the catalyst and where my drastic waist changes are put into motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment