Weight loss tracker.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

& the Blessings Keep Coming.

As I have continued on my journey, I have become more aware of the blessings that are surrounding me. These blessings, big and small, are weaving themselves as a cocoon of protection around me. I can’t thank the Lord or those around me enough for what they have been doing for me, purposely or not.

First off, my friends that have found out about the surgery have been absolutely amazing. The amount of people who care to discuss what I am going through has been a huge relief. Knowing that people believe in me and love me for who I am, not what I weigh, is such a relief. I always knew that my friends liked me for me, but then has just shone a light on it once again. As my first week turns into my first month and year, I know I will continue to cherish the friends who believe in me.

Another blessing came from a suggestion of a friend. She told me to check out www.lapbandtalk.com. I had no clue what to expect, but this is a tool that has been invaluable thus far. I stumbled upon the chatroom on the website and it was like finding home. I found people who understand the battles of being overweight and that have or want to truly change the direction of their lives. These people, from their many different places and backgrounds, understand what I am going through. This is something that has made me feel so secure in what I am doing. They are also amazing in the fact that they can answer some pretty intense and random questions. This is a tool that I am incredibly blessed to have.

I was also blessed with family members that understand weight problems. From people who have had the lap band to those who have dealt with their weight in other ways, it’s great to have those resources to talk to. I’ve had two wonderful conversations with two separate family members that have given me great insight and strength. These two know who they are. Also my parents and brother have been amazing in their support for me. They are doubly amazing for putting up with me as I’ve recovered from surgery. Patience is a virtue they definitely have to have put up with me!

There are many other things that I have been blessed with, but I guess we should save those for next time! Once morning rolls around I will weigh in for the first time- wish me luck!

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment