Weight loss tracker.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

So, I have been a terrible blogger, but I hope to rectify that with another entry today.

Yesterday marked two weeks from my surgery today and I have felt absolutely amazing! Yesterday also brought my second weigh in and a grand total of seventeen pounds lost! I can’t physically tell the difference, but I feel really good. I lost thirteen pounds during week one (thanks a lot liquid diet!) and then 4 pounds this past week. This blog isn’t just about the weight I’ve lost, but about lessons learned as well.

So, I have a few tips… nothing too earth shattering and they aren’t all serious, but free information should always be wanted!

• Let’s be honest, protein and protein shakes is just not always appetizing. So, during this past week I have found two different options that have made the protein supplement experience supremely better. First off, EAS Protein (chocolate) tastes wonderful when combined with warm water. To be perfectly honest, it taste astoundingly like hot chocolate; and who doesn’t love a good cup of hot chocolate—especially if it has some health benefits and 20 grams of proteins? The second tip for protein consumption comes in a morning favorite. If you get some instant coffee and add a school of GNC vanilla or the EAS chocolate, it is not only a good replacement for sugar and creamer, but it also makes a daily ritual healthier.

• I am a huge fan of baking. If not just for the fact of eating, but the calming effect of starting something and finishing it. I feel that while cooking there is a lot of taking some cookie dough here and taking the crumbs when you cut up your brownies… basically we consume a lot of calories without even trying. So, two small tips. When baking cookies, pay the extra to buy the break and bake. Basically you are less likely to eat the cookie dough if it is already cut into perfect squares. And then there is a new contraption for baking brownies. It has dividers in it so your brownies are already cut when they are baked. Another fabulous way to avoid picking at crumbs for continuously cutting yourself an extra little sliver.

So, there are my two tips for the day. They are fairly lengthy, but hopefully they are partially helpful. Best of luck and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment