Weight loss tracker.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

1mt1mt.

I’d like to share with y’all a guilty pleasure I have, and no, it has nothing to do with food! I absolutely love following motivational speakers. Something about these dynamic personalities intrigues me and speaks to me in a way I can not describe. I have one motivational speaker that I’ve been following for over five years and another that I just discovered. The new one has a motto that I feel can be extremely helpful to everyone, no matter what their walk in life includes.

Before I jump into the meat of this blog, let me introduce our new friend. I say “our” because I am sure that his inspritational words will give you something to relate to! So, meet Josh Sundquist.

This photo was taken by Raylee Honeycutt at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Josh is a dynamic motivational speaker who has an amazing story. I do not feel like I can’t truly do his story justice, so visit his website here. Even better, buy his new book! It comes out later this month and I am certain we can all use an extra dose of motivation. Furthermore, visit his blog. During the short time I have been following Josh's work, I have learned a lot. I've expereinced a good bit of self-discovery and I almost always get a good dose of humor-something we could all use. Now, I will end my "commercial mode," and we are onto "1mt1mt."


Before you ready the rest of this entry, check out this video. This concept came from Josh and he does an excellent job of explaining it.

Click to watch YouTube video!!

I will admit that the first time I heard this concept; I did not directly relate it to my own life and struggles. I am not the exact definition of athletic and my goals are hard to compare to any type of Olympian. But as I work to change my frame of mind, this simple idea keeps sneaking into my brain. What are those small things that I can do to help me? What’s that one thing I can do one more time, then another time and then make it a habit?

Was it deciding that I did not need to “settle” again? Was it closing the refrigerator without getting something out? Is it getting another glass of water? Is it buying another pair of shoes because I feel like I’m worth it? Essentially, it is all of the above. All these little things add up in the long run and I need to keep the little accomplishments in mind.

And so do you. I don’t care who you are, how we know each other or what’s going on in your life… I want to know: what is that THING? What is your 1mt1mt? Leave a comment and share. I want to know your side of this story!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley!! Thanks for these kind comments! I appreciate it.

    My 1mt1mt at the moment is promoting my new book...

    js

    ReplyDelete