Weight loss tracker.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Deserving.

So, if you’ve been keeping track of my subtle (okay, not quite subtle) drama, you know that I hit a good point within my relationship arena awhile back. I was finally okay with the whole “being single” part of my life. I am still okay with the whole debacle, but I guess im ready for something more. Actually, I don’t guess. I know I am. I am getting to the point where I am happy with myself and I'm ready to share the quirkiness that is me with someone else.


After talking A LONG time with a close friend, a few things dawned on me. First off, most guys I’m attracted to don’t fit into my mold. This isn’t really a surprise, but liking a guy who is sixteen types of different from me is a little bit strange—and scary as all get out. Secondly, I am way too much of a planner. This isn’t a new revelation, but thought I would reiterate that. And thirdly, I deserve everything that I want.

This is the bulk of what’s been on my mind today… what exactly do I want? I deserve everything my little heart desires (within reason), but WHAT IS THAT?

So, I guess I will list the various thoughts that have floated in and out of my cerebral matter today…

Things Ashley Wants & Deserves:

- A man who wants me for me (number one, this is non-negotiable)
- A man who believes in God. Faith can be strengthened, but a faithless man is not someone I need to be with at this point in my life
- A man who is easy to smile, especially when I am goofy… which is often
- A man who is productive (I run at the speed of light, he needs to be able to keep up)
- Ambition… Can you imagine me with a man with no ambition? Hahahaha… no really—can you?
- This is really shallow… but any man who is willing to buy me James Avery ranks fairly high on the list (this is more common than you’d expect… James Avery is evidently the key to a lot of girls’ hearts)
- I really, really want a guy who can dance. This would actually make the guy’s life easier because I can hardly be in a bad mood after I’ve been dancing. Talk about easy to please…


In all honesty, besides the top three, all these are flexible. I know this guy is out there, and I know without a doubt that I deserve him. I just need to figure out who he is. I don’t want to seek him out; I just want to recognize him when I see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment