Weight loss tracker.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome to 2010.

Before I jump into the “New Year’s Resolution” boat, I would like to reflect… I started 2009 with no hopes, no resolutions and no idea what the year would hold for me. If you would have told me a year ago that I would welcome 2010 as a baptized Christian and a blessed lap band owner, I would not believe you. I would not believe that I would find myself worthy of either of those titles, but here I am. Blessed beyond measure and incredibly happy with both of those decisions.

Since we are almost two full days into 2010, I guess I can now state my resolutions without being “too cliché.” But heck, we know that resolutions will always be cliché… No matter how long we wait to make them. So, I’ve decided to change things up a bit this year. I have the cliché resolutions, but what is a goal if there aren’t steps to achieve it? So, I will make mini resolutions each month. And I give all of you full capacity to bother me if I don’t post them. I do need an accountability system, so welcome to the club!

My overall resolutions are as follows:
1. Lose weight. (Thank you lap band for making this a possibility that I can truly keep this year)
2. Try new things. (One a month, at least)
3. Live life. (Step one- keep breathing because that is the basis of living)
4. Continue to strengthen my relationship with God.

January’s Mini Resolutions
1. No Drive-Thru’s: I refuse to swear off fast food completely… Not because I can’t, but because it is not a truly feasible resolution. I need to set myself up for success, not failure. So, for January (and hopefully longer), I will not use drive-thrus. If I “don’t have enough time to cook” I need to at least take the time to park and walk-in. if I really want something, I need to get off my butt and go get it. At the end of the day, if I can’t spare to the time today… Can I live with the fact that I’m slowly cutting time off of my life?
2. My new thing: Go me; I already did something new this month! I went to the horse races last night… a fun experience, even if I am truly terrible at betting. I like to lose money without thinking about it so much!
3. Bible Study: I’d like to start a bible study for the semester. I am working with a friend to hopefully get this ball rolling!

That’s it for now… hope everyone is ready for an amazing 2010!

1 comment:

  1. I love your mini-resolutions idea!!! And I'm lovin' your pictures on the side. I'm going to have to get together with you to help me get my blog into shape. :)

    ReplyDelete