Weight loss tracker.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Why?

So, today I spoke with my telephone coach. I have been blessed to become a part of a service called “Healthy Roads” and every two weeks I talk to my coach. We set goals and talk about what I am doing right and wrong.

Today our conversation led to “Why do I want to be healthy?"

My first thought was not to avoid illness. It was not to be skinny. It was not to live longer. It was nothing along those lines, but something deeper.

I want to be healthy so I can be a mom. I’m not saying that I want to have a kid today, or tomorrow, not even in the foreseeable future. But I want to be healthy enough that when the time comes, I can be a mom. I want to be able to go through things normally and to be at peace with my body.

With that you can say that once I am a mom I want to be able to run around with my kids and place hide and seek… All those little things that healthy people do better.


So there you have it… My why, which is sometimes more important than the how.

This is my mom and I! No, I'm not this tall! Just standing on a step higher than her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment