Weight loss tracker.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Your words.

When it became “real” that I was going to actually get the Lapband, I decided to keep this blog. I wanted a record of what I was going through in the event that someone accused me of going about weight loss the wrong way. I have since learned that there is no “wrong way” to lose weight, there is just the right way for YOU. And the blog has become more of a log; it has become the play that I visit for a reminder of how far I have come.


The strangest part of this blog has been the following I seemed to have accumulated. My list of “Readers” only says fourteen (who’s counting?), but the support I’ve received has been overwhelming. So overwhelming that I don’t have a clue what to do with.

Each time I get a comment, message or a kind word—I kind of freeze. I’m used to being in the spotlight for school stuff, but nothing as personal as this. I don’t mind sharing my heart or emotions, but the whole thing is slightly foreign.

Even more foreign when people seem to admire me for what I am doing. I don’t feel as if I am any different than anyone. We all have things in our lives that we fight and we overcome—I am no different. The only difference is that I seemed to have put myself in the spotlight. I did not expect to actually be in this spotlight, I just expected for my words to reach those who needed it.

Even though this whole thing has greatly shocked me, I have been blessed. It may boggle my mind that each of you has taken the time to share your kind words, but it also serves as an immense blessing. I have been bad in replying because it has taken me a long time to see myself worthy of your words. As I continue on this journey, I lean on your encouragement more.
Each word you have shared with me has given me extra fuel to succeed. Thank you for your continued support; you have all been a blessing to me.



God bless you all.



1 comment:

  1. You are completely deserving of our admiration, in a country filled with people complacent to be unhealthy, lethargic, and doomed to shorter lives, you have taken the metaphorical reins and said NO. NO I will not allow this to keep going. NO I will not sit in this chair and let life pass me by. You have stood up and started on your journey. That in it's self takes more courage than a lot of people have.

    You deserve to be in the spotlight, Lord knows that you have allowed all of us to be in the spotlight, now it is your turn. :)

    And most of all you deserve to be happy.

    So keep it up! You're doing great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete